27/03/12 - Today we faced a problem with the editing of our film, we found that whilst i had added more clips i had not made it fit to the music. we were able to solve this by extending the song so that we could make it fit to the film. Now we only have to add the titles and our film will be complete. We also added a Universal ident to our film. The reason why we did this is so that the film will look more professional and Universal is one of the most well known movie companies in the world and easily recognizable by the iconic spinning globe and also the background music.
- R&P Task 1 and 2 - Title annotations and Essay
- R&P Task 3 - Audience research
- R&P Task 4 - 25 word pitch and Mood board
- R&P Task 5 - Script and Sound/Foley research
- R&P Task 6 - Draft Sketches and Storyboard
- R&P Task 7 - Prop list and Shot list
- R&P Task 8 - Location recce
- R&P Task 9 - Risk assessment and Call sheets
- Preliminary task
- Main task - Film title sequence
Thursday, 29 March 2012
Monday, 26 March 2012
Friday, 23 March 2012
Monday, 19 March 2012
16/03/12 - Today we were told that our title sequence had been nominated for the RAFTA's. This is the Ravens Wood School's version of the BAFTA's. we were nominated for the best title sequence of year 12. Hopefully we will win. This i believe is deserved because i have worked tirelessly to try to make our film as good as possible. During this lesson we were able to improve our film by changing shot speed, this makes the film seem faster and that is key to a montage scene. Also I made the film fit the background music as this will increase the tempo of the film. We have almost completed the film and all that is needed to place the title scenes into the film so that the audience can see who made the film.
Thursday, 15 March 2012
14/03/12 - today we decided to make the majority of the shots shorter and put more shots in. The reason for this is we believed that people would not want too watch someone shoot slowly for 2 minutes. We took inspiration from a nike advert which uses short shots for effect. We also took inspiration form this other video because it has a catchy beat in the background, similar to our film and this makes the video feel faster and ultimately better. The last advert we took inspiration from is similar to our film because it shows the story of how a player goes up through the ranks and becomes a star, similar to the basis of our film.
Tuesday, 13 March 2012
1303/12 - Today we were able to edit the first 25 seconds of the film. It took a while to get used to the certain tools that we would need such as the cutting tool wich is used to cut shots in half. However we were able to put a smooth transition between the classroom and the gym scenes and we have already put in two different shots to show Daniel playing Basketball.
12/03/12 - Today we started working on the editing of the film. We looked through all of our film that we have recorded and we have deleted all shots that we know we wont use (Bloopers). The reason why we have done this is because it will make the process of editing much more efficet and easier. We put certain shots into categories to make them easier to and consequently make the whole process of editing easier and faster. For example, we put all the shots that were shot in the classroom in one folder and all shots shot in the gym in another folder.
Thursday, 8 March 2012
07/03/12 - Today I started to create the survey analysis document. With this document we can identify the target audience of the film and we can make our film fit what our target audience want to see in our film. For example if our target audience want to see a Bollywood film then we will make a Bollywood film.
Wednesday, 7 March 2012
06/03/12 - Today while we were editing our final piece we noticed that there were many things wrong with the piece. For example, every shot that was taken outside was had different weather. The reason for this was that we had filmed on different days and the weather had changed. Also the scene which was filmed I the classroom had flickering computers in the background. This was a health risk because it could cause epilepsy and therefore we had to remove it. This consequently meant that we had to start filming for Poor Little Daniel again and today we recorded all scenes that will be needed for the scene inside the classroom.
Friday, 2 March 2012
02/03/12 - Today we collected the remainder of the filming that we need so now we can begin the process of editing Poor Little Daniel. We may have to go out and film again if there is anything that we have missed out when filming, however I feel as if we have everything we need to complete the filming.
01/03/12 - Today we finished off the draft sketches of our title sketches. We can now start to imagine what our title sequence will eventually look like. We drew the sketches onto a piece of paper and coloured them in with the colours they will be when they are uploaded.